Today, April 14, at the World Bank/IMF Spring Meetings 2016, Power for All issued a Call to Action urging multilateral development banks (MDBs) to accelerate the pace of energy access by taking three key steps:
- Utilize energy access opportunity cost assessments in funding decisions;
- Catalyze a dedicated energy access superfund; and,
- Mobilize national decentralized renewable energy accelerators (based on successful models like IDCOL) in key countries suffering from energy poverty.
We encourage you to join the conversation. Here’s how:
- If you are at the World Bank Civil Society Forum, get in touch via our website or Twitter to meet us and learn more
- Join a webinar at 3pm BST, April 21, 2016 where we will be explaining more about the Call to Action and providing a briefing of outcomes from the Spring Meetings
- Get engaged with us on Twitter, join the campaign, or let us know how you are working to #endenergypovertyfaster
Please note: important insights on energy access will also be shared in the Sierra Club event: “How Much Are Public Institutions Improving Energy Access Worldwide?” on Friday April 15, 9:00 – 10:30am, Room: I2-220.
We hope to see you there!